Learning to ride a bike is always one of the best memories of childhood but with that comes the memories of scrapes and bruises as falling at one point or another is unavoidable. With a balance bike, the chances of your child hurting themselves substantially goes down as they learn the element of balance first before they move on to actual bicycles.
Features of the Product
The Schwinn balance bike was specifically made for children under the age of six years old in order to build their confidence in moving up to an actual bike. The Schwinn balance bike includes the following features:
- Design – Schwinn has upgraded their design to make this bike not only look great but to add more comfort for kids. The Schwinn balance bike comes with a foot to floor mechanism which means that special adjustments were made so a child can easily reach the ground with his feet even when sitting in an upright position without the need for tipping the bike slightly over or tip toeing.
- Adjustable handle bars and seat – children grow very fast and the ease of learning to balance on a balance bike can also get difficult if they become too big for their bike. Adjustable handlebars and seat are in place so the Schwinn balance bike grows with your child.
- Air tubes and tires – air tubes provide children with more ease in maneuvering their balance bike.
As a parent, it very understandable that you would only want the best for your kids.
- Rest assured that your child is safe and is unlikely to fall over
- Children teach themselves proper balance
- The Schwinn balance bike is affordable
- Adjustments can be made to grow with your child
- Tires provide added ease in maneuvering this bike
- Foot to floor mechanism removes worry in children
- Allocation for possible adjustments makes this bike grow with your children and will not have to be replaced as early as other balance bikes
- Air tube tires offer easy maneuvering as compared to standard tires
- This bike is affordable but still gets you the highest quality
- Assembly is easy and can be done within a few minutes
- A child’s confidence is built in various ways such as through self-teaching, foot to floor mechanism, and the aesthetic of the bike is made to look like an adult bike.
- This bike may be slightly heavier than it looks which could cause some smaller children to have difficulty in handing it. Alternatively, weight can also contribute to better balance and can control speed.
Who is this product suited for?
This bike is meant for beginners who want to learn the basics of balance before moving on to an actual bike. Usually the Schwinn balance bike is suited for children under the age of six years old or who are under 35 inches.
Tips for using the Schwinn balance bike
- When assembling the bike make sure all screws are put in tight
- When adjusting handlebars and seat make sure they are proportionate and locked in tightly to avoid getting loose.
- Make sure children are supervised and in the proper bike riding gear: helmet, knee and elbow pads.
The Schwinn balance bike is great for kids who want to learn to balance before moving on to a real bike but is also great for parents who want a cost effective way to teach kids to teach themselves and who do not want to see their children take as much spills as they would when practicing on a normal bike. Click here to check the price